Cricut Explore 3 Complete Review: Smart Cutting Device
- Posted by:Drake shawn
The Cricut Explore 3 is one of the most powerful and perfect machines for any crafters. This machine can cut various types of materials in only one press. In this blog's complete review, you will know everything related to the Cricut Explore device.
Cricut is one of the most common machines for crafters. If you are wondering which Cricut machine you can buy to get maximum satisfaction, Cricut Explore 3 is the best option. This machine is not costlier and comes with various smart options.
This blog will give you complete information about the Cricut Explore machine. All you need to do is just read the full blog to know whether it is good for you or not. So without wasting time, let’s start discussing this machine.
Cricut Explore 3: Design
Let’s firstly talk about its design and body look. This machine is one of the most good-looking and easy to locate. The Cricut Explore 3 comes only in soft mint color, which feels a professional touch. It is a stylish and compatible device, and the rounded type edges make it an amazing look, easy to use, and sleek. The dimension of this machine is 15 x 17 x 56 cm, that's why you can easily install it anywhere in your workplace.
The dial panel of this machine allows you to select and use any material you want to use and replace. These buttons and keys are standard and work amazing and line up with a power key, go & pause, load, and unload. You can easily remove the cartridge, and there is also a place over the machine to store your tools, pens, and replacement tips.
Features of Cricut Explore 3
This blog is the most important section for you because you will know the features of the Cricut Explore 3 machine. Here are the features let’s start discussing one by one:
- Lightweight help to fuss-free crafting
- Easily cuts 100 plus materials and also makes a smart design with the help of Cricut Smart Materials.
- This machine works with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
- It saves your space because of its small footprint storage.
- The speed of this machine is 2x faster than the Cricut Explore 2.
- Have space for your pens, tools, blades, and extra tips.
- It comes with Bluetooth-enabled technology for a simple connection.
Cricut Explore 3: Setup Process
The set-up steps of these machines are super easy. If you want to know how to set it up in your place, just go through the steps given below in this section. Here are the steps that you have to follow:
- First and foremost, take the pack in your place and then remove the packed cover from the box.
- Now, remove all the plastic covers and tape from the machine.
- Connect the wires and cables to its ports.
- Press the power button to open the device.
- Now the machine is open and ready to make the project.
- Download and install the Cricut Design Space on your system.
- When the Design Space is installed, open it and then go to the sign-in window.
- Now, sign in by using your username and password or create a new account.
- Start doing your task by clicking on the Make It button or selecting the option to make your own design.
- Press the button of your Cricut Explore 3 machine and start the device to do the task.
- Finally, remove the mat and examine whether your design is correctly made or not.
Important Points for Beginners
If you are a beginner, then in this section of the blog, you will learn some of the important things that every crafter has to know. This is one of the best things you know before making your first project. Because doing the first task is a little scary, that’s why these things make you ready to make the project. Given below are some of the essential points that you have to remember while making the projects:
- The Cricut Explore 3 has come in a packed box, and the machine is completely packed with plastic and tapes. The initial thing you need to do is to remove all the packing tapes and materials from the Cricut machine.
- You also have to download and install the application and connect the machine to the printer.
- Open your web browser and search for some of the tutorials based on your Cricut Explore 3 machine.
- You also must learn a few things about the Cricut Design Space.
- Also, gain knowledge about which tools and materials you need while making the design.
- Next, when you have some knowledge about the things mentioned above, let’s try to make a simple project. And when you make your first project, then try to make some complex project.
- Always pick the task which you like most to do.
- You need to use the Cricut mat whenever you make the design.
- When your design is completed, add protective tape on your design.
- The Cricut Explore 3 is faster than any other device, so keep this in mind: it completes your tasks in less time.
- You can complete your task much earlier because it draws and cuts at the same time.
- Utilize every accessory and material, such as a bright pad and easy press, while making your projects.
Types of Materials Required
There are various types of materials that are available for Cricut Explore 3. In this blog section, you will learn some of the common material used while doing the task. Here are the materials and accessories that you need while doing the task:
- Strong grip (purple)
- Magnetic material
- Backed fabric
- Suede + leather
- Wood (including balsa)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Poster Board
- Light grip (blue)
- Light cardstock
- Scrapbook + printer paper
- Construction paper
- Standard grip (green)
- Embossed + regular cardstock
- Window clings
- Regular + heat transfer (iron-on) vinyl
You also need some other tools while making the project. Here are the tools:
Pros & Cons
Everything has its own pros and cons that make things better or worse. Cricut Explore 3 also has its own pros and cons. Let’s see:
- It uses the Smart Material
- Ability to Cuts over 100 types of materials
- 2X speed compared to Explore 2
- It doesn’t ship with a Cricut mat
- Available in only one color