How to Use Cricut Card Mat With Explore and Maker?
- Posted by:Mathew Jones
The Cricut card mat is a versatile and indispensable tool for any crafter, whether you are a beginner or an experienced maker. With its precise markings and easy-to-use design, the Cricut mat allows you to create stunning and intricate card designs with ease. This accessory is perfect for any occasion and offers endless possibilities for customization and personalization. Whether making cards for birthdays, holidays, or weddings, this card mat is the perfect tool to take your crafting to the next level. In this blog, we will explore the many features and benefits of the mat and show you how to get the most out of this incredible crafting tool.
What are the Features of the Cricut Card Mat?
Here are some of the prominent features of the card mat by Cricut.
- This card mat is compatible with the Cricut Maker and Cricut Explore machines.
- It allows you to make up to four cards at once.
- With the help of this mat, users can create various types of cards, such as birthdays, holidays, thank you cards, and others.
- This card mat can be 5 types of card sizes fit into it.
- It is compatible with all Cricut Insert Card templates (including Foil Transfer) and Cricut Cutaway Cards.
- It can also be used with the Cricut pens, markers, and the Foil Transfer system for writing on the card.
What Do You Need to Use with Cricut Card Mat?
Below are some of the essentials you require to use with a card mat.
- Cricut Card Mat 2 x 2
- Cricut Explore or Maker cutting machine
- Insert Cards for Cricut
- Fine Point Blade and Housing
- Cricut Pens or Markers (It is optional)
- Cricut Foil Transfer Tool & Foil Transfer Sheets (It is optional)
How to Make Cricut Cards Using Cricut Card Mat?
You do not need to buy a Cricut card mat for Explore or Cricut card mat for Maker. Here is the procedure you can follow to use a card mat with Cricut Explore/Maker machine.
- First of all, you have to choose the insert card design you want to use.
- Next, to search for the designs, choose the required design from the drop-down menu.
- Use the Finished Size selector to select the card size after choosing a design.
- Then, choose the Make It option. If you are asked to choose the load type, click on the On Card Mat.
- After that, you need to select the Continue or Next option.
- In the Material Size selector, the card size will be shown. You can adjust them as per your need and also make various copies at once.
- In the next step, you have to choose the Continue/Next option once again.
- After that, click on the Browse All Materials option and select Insert Card – Cardstock.
- Now, you are required to remove the protective sheet from your mat.
- And then, slide the cards inside the mat from the left.
- You need to make sure that the card fits on the top left side of the panel. Keep pushing the card until it fits perfectly.
- Next, press the front side of the mat. (If you want to avoid the marks on your cards, you need to move the star wheel to the center)
- Now, load the card mat into the Explore or Maker machine and make sure to insert the top end first.
- Then, refer to the Cricut Design Space app to insert the machines it asks for.
- After the cut is complete, take out the card from the mat.
- At the last step, your card is ready to use.