How to Make T-shirts With Cricut Machines?
- Posted by:Drake shawn
Cricut is a versatile machine, and making shirts is easy and fun. There are so many designs that you can include to create a T-shirt for any occasion. Are you excited to make one in your spare time? Here is a perfect guide for you. This write-up will teach you how to make T-shirts with Cricut machines. Please go through it to learn how to make T-shirt vinyl designs.
Also, understand how to make a profit out of your finished product. We suggest starting with Cricut Explore Air/Cricut Maker and Iron/Cricut EasyPress. We'll discuss how you can utilize those custom-designed shirts and what things other than Cricut you might require to create them.
How Can You Use Custom T-shirts Made With Cricut?
With several variants of Cricut machines available, you can easily create whatever designs you want. Shirts can make great gifts on your loved one's birthday, or you can make a Christmas-themed shirt design to wear on Christmas. Moreover, by putting in some extra effort, you can make a professional-looking design and even start your own small business. Or Choose online platforms to sell your T-shirts.
- Add your mom's favorite song lyrics and gift her on Mother's Day.
- Create professional-looking T-shirt designs and sell them online.
- Start your own small business with several T-shirt design ideas.
- Celebrate a memorable day - Valentine's, Christmas.
- Gift custom-designed T-shirts to your loved ones on their birthday.
What Other Things Might Require Apart from the Cricut Machine?
Before going through instructions on how to make T-shirts with Cricut, it is vital to know all the requisites. Below we will list some essential things you require to proceed with the T-shirt-making process.
- A perfect design you want for your T-shirt
- Iron-on vinyl material
- Weeding tool
- Cricut Explore Air or Cricut Maker
- Cricut EasyPress
How to Use a Cricut Machine in Making T-shirts? [Step-By-Step Guide]
Three primary processes are involved in making T-shirts with the help of Cricut machines. These include steps to use the Cricut machine, instructions to make T-shirt vinyl with the machine, and ironing the design onto the shirt.
Step 1: Use the Cricut Machine to Make Custom T-shirts
Below we'll talk step-by-step directions for making T-shirts using the Cricut machine.
- First, open Cricut Design Space and click New Project.
- Then, select Templates as per your preference.
- After that, search for T-shirts using the search bar.
- Next, click the Upload icon to upload your design to Cricut Design Space.
- You will get a message saying your image was uploaded successfully. See your images in the Recently uploaded images section.
- Now, select your image and click Insert Images.
- The image should be on the stage along with the shirt template. Click the image and drag it to position correctly.
- Setup your image the way you want - a single image or several cuts.
- When you are okay with the position and scaling, choose Make It.
- Note: Select the Mirror option, or your designs will be printed to your T-shirts' backward.
- In the following step, click Continue.
- Plug in your Cricut and ensure that USB is connected to the Desktop.
- Change the material. In the case of vinyl, please change it to vinyl setting.
Step 2: Making T-shirt Vinyl With Cricut
Here, in the 2nd step of how to make T-shirts with Cricut, we will talk about using iron-on vinyl to create T-shirt designs. Let's go through the process stepwise.
- Place your vinyl material onto a Grip Mat.
- Now, place down your material (keep the shiny side facing down onto the mat you chose).
- Open Cricut and place your mat in the correct position.
- When the cutting completes, press the Unload button on your Cricut machine.
- Next, peel the vinyl off. Use the weeding tool for more detailed and intricate designs.
Finally, peel the clear vinyl and your design off the mat and see the results.
Step 3: Ironing Your Design Onto Your T-shirt
The last step of making a shirt includes ironing the designs on a T-shirt. Below are the steps you require to implement.
- Before touching the design, preheat the T-shirt by running the iron for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Now, place your design on the T-shirt and iron for 20 seconds over the design's part.
- After that, wait until the vinyl cools. Peel off the plastic layer.
- Wait for at least 24 hours before you go for the first wash of your iron vinyl shirt.
We hope this helps you understand how to make custom T-shirts with Cricut. Implement the steps and end up with a nice piece of design on your T-shirt.