How to Make Cake Toppers With Cricut Maker 3?
- Posted by:Mathew Jones
Everyone loves to organize parties with their family & friends. However, one of the most serious issues they all face is how to make cake toppers with Cricut. This dessert is one of the most popular and tastiest, which completes the meal. However, one thing that quickly grabs the guest's focus is the topping on them. It seems to be an easy job crafting the designs, but it isn't.
If you are confused about whether Maker 3 will be able to create the hoped-for craft, then we are here to clear all your wariness. This ultimate cutting machine is smarter, faster & provides next-level craft to the user. Apart from that, if you are preparing to craft custom toppings, continue with this post.
How Can You Use Cricut Cupcake Toppers?
Don't restrict your thoughts that this project is crafted for a loved one only to express feelings. However, the users of Maker 3 see it as an opportunity to start their own business and be an entrepreneur. With little investment and support from family members, the idea of creating custom toppings can make their business touch the sky. However, whether they want it as a part-time or full-time business, it will be a DIYer settlement. In addition, they all need to understand how to operate this cutting machine and the customer's needs.
What Supplies are Needed to Make Cricut Cake Toppers?
Apart from knowing how to make cupcake toppers with Cricut Maker 3, the user needs to know the items that are needed to design & create this dessert topping. Moreover, all DIYers must ensure that the topper must be prepared by utilizing all the items below. The list of those supplies which play a vital role is as follows:
- Cricut Maker 3
- Brayer & Remover Set
- Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Design Space account
- Lollipop Sticks
- Cardstock Paper
- Basic Tool Set
- Essential Tool Set
- Cutting Mats
- Pens & Markers
Look at the further section of the blog to learn about the method of creating this DIY project.
How to Use Cricut Design Space for Creating Cake Toppers?
Your wait for searching about how to make cake toppers with Cricut has now come to an end. Intending to generate this craft, just read the steps shared in the section below:
- First, you must log in to your Design Space by entering the login details and pressing the New symbol.
- After that, tap Text visible on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under the Dropbox menu, choose the font and click the Advanced button.
- Now, choose the Ungroup to Letters option. This will ungroup the numbers so that they can be moved individually.
- Following this, select any one number and start overlapping the other number.
- Once you are satisfied with the arrangement of numbers, drag the selection box over both numbers.
- Next, press the Weld box to attach the numbers and one image.
- Now, amend the topper size by editing the measurements visible on the top of the screen.
- To create the project's back layer, choose the number and press the Duplicate button.
- In addition, fix the duplicated number and select Menu, then tick Flip Horizontal. It will immediately reverse the image, with both sides having glittery effects.
- After that, you'll get reconnected to the mat preview screen. However, if you want to create more toppers, tick the Apply button visible under the Project Copies section.
- Now, choose the material type under the Material Size Dropbox menu.
- At the machine setup screen, press Browse All Materials and tick Glitter into the Search box.
- Fix the card on the green StandardLight Grip mat and use Brayer, ensuring it's stuck on the mat. Through this, they will make their way to Maker 3.
- Inside the mat, press the flashing arrow icon into the machine.
- Next, tick the Cricut icon to commence the cutting process.
- Once the cutting process ends, carefully remove all the respective cuts and lay them out on the surface.
- Ensure you group the cut in pairs, with one forward and the other backward.
- Moreover, use the hot melt glue gun to secure the front & back of the toppers together.
- At last, the glue will sandwich the cocktail stick between them so that it can easily get added up to the cupcakes.
Summing up the section, all the DIYers are advised to follow these steps on how to make cake toppers with Cricut carefully. However, you are advised not to skip any of them; otherwise, you'll not get the desired result.