How to Make Banners With Cricut? [A Complete Guide]
- Posted by:Drake shawn
If you are willing to know how to make banners with Cricut, then you have clicked on the right blog. As you already know, Cricut is famous for its wonderful DIY projects. With the help of your Cricut machine and some materials, you can create banners for various occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, welcome ceremonies, home decor, or anything else you like. We will offer the complete process of banner-making with every essential detail. So, if you are a beginner, keep reading this blog post till the end and complete your first-ever Cricut banner project.
How Can You Use Cricut Banners?
If you are wondering what the uses of the banner are after I make them. Below are the things you can do with your banner.
What can be better than giving a gift to your loved ones? It will make you and your significant other just by giving the banner you make yourself. You can create a banner of welcome, thank you, miss you, happy birthday, or something else, as endless possibilities exist.
If you are into decoration, then you can use this DIY banner to decorate the walls of your home or room. You can create banners of various styles and write anything on them. Also, you can show your creating and crafting skills by creating a banner for some special occasion in your home, college, or office.
If anyone finds your banner attractive and is willing to pay good money, you can make some cash with this banner. Also, you can create a small banner business by getting potential clients. Apart from that, you can sell your banner online too.
What Materials Do You Need to Make Banners?
Before moving forward with how to make banners with Cricut, you must know the other materials it requires. Here is a list of some basic and essential tools you need to make Cricut banners.
- Any Cricut cutting machine
- Cricut LightGrip mat
- Twine or ribbon
- Weeding tools
- Big needle
- A design for a banner, etc.
Step-By-Step Process to Make Banners With the Cricut Machine
Once you have gathered all of the essential materials for making banners, then you can move to the making part. Now follow this guide with a step-by-step process to create your banner.
Step 1: Design the Banner in the Cricut Design Space App
- Open the Design Space app on your device and then move to the Search section and search for banners. (Download the Cricut app from the official Cricut website if it is not on your device.)
- Now, select the banner design you like and move it to the canvas.
- After that, you can change the size and color of the banner as per your requirement.
Step 2: Adding Text to Your Banner
- Click on the Text option in the canvas window to choose from a variety of free text fonts.
- Next, select a font that you want to use for your banner.
- After that, you are required to add text to your banner. Write the word you want on your banner.
Step 3. Add Some Embellishments to Your Banner Design
- Embellishments can make your banner more compelling and aesthetic. To add it, you can search for the shapes or designs you like.
- After that, you can position the embellishments on your banner wherever you like. You can also cut it to set it on top sides.
- Also, remove the part you do not want to use on Cricut banners.
Step 4: Cut the Design on the Material Using a Cricut Machine
- Once the design is ready, turn on your cutting machine and load the mat and the banner material.
- In the Design app, click on the Make It option after choosing the machine you are using for cutting.
- Also, select the material you are cutting for the banner design.
- After that, your machine will cut the design.
- You have to have two colors of materials if you have chosen different colors for your banner.
Step 5: Gathering the Cut Pieces
- After cutting all the pieces of your banner, collect them and keep them aside.
- If there are any scrap or small material parts on the mat or material, remove them using a scraper or spatula.
- Next, you can cut the following pieces for your banner.
Step 6: Complete Your Banner
- To complete the banner, you have to attach all the cut pieces together.
- After that, use glue or any other adhesive to stick the letters on the banner pieces.
- With the help of the thread and needle, make the banner string.
- Here you go; your brand-new banner is complete and ready to use.
We have shared all the vital information on how to make banners with Cricut. We hope you have learned everything you need to know. You can try right now to create a banner, as explained here. Also, you can try making various other Cricut banner designs and styles using your creativity and imagination. So, unleash your DIY crafting passion and create jaw-dropping for yourself.